Yes, Wisconsin, there is a Santa Claus. Make glad the heart of childhood by answering the call to help TOYS FOR TOTS so that boys and girls, infant to teen, will find a present under their tree this Christmas.
WBAY-TV is proud to again help the U.S. Marine Corps carry on a decades-long tradition started by a Marine reservist in 1947.
LAST CALL is DECEMBER 9!
On Wednesday we hold our Toys for Tots LAST CALL at the WBAY Building in downtown Green Bay, 115 S. Jefferson St., and also at Fox Valley Christian Fellowship, 1200 W. Kimberly Ave., in Kimberly. There will be curbside service to collect your donations from 5 in the morning until 8 at night. U.S. Marines will be on-hand so you don’t even have to get out of your car!
The toys are distributed to children in the area where they are donated … giving a child not just a gift under the tree but a message of hope and motivation to grow into responsible citizens and community leaders.
Each year the holidays are made brighter for children in our communities with the support of volunteers and the generosity of thousands in Northeast Wisconsin. Thank you in advance for bringing a smile to children’s faces on Christmas Day and creating memories.
More donation drop-off opportunities are listed below the map
December 13: Jeff’s Sports Bar & Grill, N6010 County Rd. D, in Kewaunee is hosting a drive-thru booyah/burger/pulled pork event starting at 10:30 and continues until the food is gone. Hamburgers or cheeseburgers are $3 each, pulled pork sandwiches $3, and chicken booyah is $3 for a bowl, $12 for a half-gallon, and $24 for a gallon. All proceeds go to Toys for Tots.
This list will be updated as we receive more locations from the Salvation Army and U.S. Marine Corps. Did your business get a box? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll verify it and add it to our list!
- Olejneczak Realty, 375 W. St. Joseph St.
- UPS Store, 2221 S. Webster Ave.
- YMCA Broadview, 380 Broadview Dr.
- AAA, 160 S. McCarthy Rd.
- Advance America, W3165 Van Roy Rd., Ste. 4
- Alo Health, 652 W Ridgeview Dr.
- American Legion Post 38, 3220 W. College Ave.
- Apple Creek YMCA, 2851 E. Apple Creek Rd.
- Appleton YMCA, 218 E. Lawrence St.
- Appleton Dairy Queen Stores, 1627 N. Superior St.
- Appleton Dairy Queen Stores, 2000 S. Oneida St.
- Appleton Harley-Davidson, 5322 Clairemont Dr.
- Associated Bank NA, 1195 N. Casaloma Dr.
- Associated Bank NA, W3122 Cty. Rd. KK
- Associated Bank NA, 2175 S. Memorial Dr.
- Bazil’s, 109 W. College Avenue
- Beck - Thibodeau Chiropractic, 1221 E. Northland Ave.
- Blaze Fitness, 230 S. McCarthy Road
- Brock White Company, 4807 W. Prospect Ave.
- Burn Boot Camp - Appleton West, 1725 N. Casaloma Dr.
- Burn Boot Camp - Appleton East, 3333 Express Ct.
- Chain Reaction Bike Shop, 818 N. Superior Street
- Coldwell Banker Real Estate Group, 1050 N. Lynndale Dr.
- Coldwell Banker Real Estate Group, 2850 E. John Street
- Cornerstone Financial Group, 158 E Northland Avenue
- Cousineau Cars, 2225 W. Nordale Dr.
- Darboy Family Chiropractic, W5669 County Road
- Double Tree Appleton, 150 S. Nicolet Rd.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Appleton, 130 S. Nicolet Rd.
- Fleet Farm, 3035 W. Wisconsin Ave.
- Fox Communities Credit Union, 3401 E. Calumet St.
- Fox Communities Credit Union, 2531 Highway Dr.
- Fox Communities Credit Union, 1724 S. Lawe St.
- Fox Communities Credit Union, 610 E. Wisconsin Ave.
- GameDay Sports Bar, N225 Stoney Brook Lane
- Gnome Games, W3169 Van Roy Rd.
- Gustman Motor Company, 2400 W. Spencer St.
- Hooge Salon, N474 Eisenhower Dr.
- Johnson Financial Group, 222 W. College Ave.
- Knight Barry, 5697 Grande Market Dr.
- Kolosso Toyota, 3000 W. Wisconsin Ave.
- Kountry Bar, N3095 Cty Rd A
- Lillian’s, 115 E. College Ave.
- M & G Automotive, 5000 W. Greenville Dr.
- Menards - East, 3300 E. Express Court
- Mobilelink USA (Cricket Wireless), 3169 Van Roy Rd., Suite 14
- Mobilelink USA (Cricket Wireless), 2740 W. College Ave.
- North Shore Bank, 1100 W. Northland Ave.
- Play & Grow Learning Center- Appleton, 1220 Mayflower Dr.
- Play & Grow Learning Center- Appleton, W2633 Barney Court
- Russ Darrow Direct, 4400 W. College Ave.
- SagePoint Financial, W6110 Aerotech Dr., Ste. A
- San Rocco’s, 1025 N. Badger Ave.
- Schmitt Title, 900 W. College Ave.
- Schubbe Resch Chiropractic & Physical Therapy, 2200 S. Kensington Dr.
- SERVPRO of Appleton, 2235 Northern Rd.
- Sherwin Williams, 1023 W. College Avenue
- Sherwin Williams, W3165 Springfield Drive
- Sherwin Williams, 1140 Westhill Blvd
- Silver Tuna Tattoo & Piercing, 3003 W. Prospect Ave., Ste. 103
- Strong Chiropractic, 1801 N. Richmond St.
- Suess Electronics, 2520 W. Wisconsin Ave.
- The Academy, 220 W. Northland Ave.
- Tri City Glass & Door, 2801 N. Roemer Rd.
- Unos Chicago Grill, W3254 Van Roy Road
- Valley Eye Associates, 21 Park Pl.
- Valley Eye Associates, 2100 S. Kensington Dr.
- Valley Eye Associates, 2500 E. Capitol Dr.
- Walgreens, 729 W. Northland Ave.
- Walgreens, 1305 N. Casaloma Drive
- WeMeraki, 1737 N. Casaloma Drive
- Wisconsin Building Supply, 222 N. Lilas Dr.
- Wishing Well, 2709 E. Newberry Street
- Your CBD Store Appleton, 3402 N. Richmond St, Unit B
- Ashwaubenon Village Hall, 2155 Holmgren Way
- Fox Communities Credit Union, 2170 S. Ashland Ave.
- Framemakers, 2162 S. Ridge Rd.
- Gnome Games, 2160 S. Ridge Rd.
- JC Penney, 800 Willard Dr.
- Pella Windows & Doors, 500 Pilgrim Way
- Sammy’s Pizza, 2161 S. Oneida St.
- School House, 770 Willard Dr.
- Sherwin Williams, 1053 Waube Ln.
- Sherwin Williams, 2464 S. Oneida St.
- Walgreens, 2301 S. Oneida St.
- Western Racquet & Fitness Club, 2500 S. Ashland Ave.
- Brown County Sheriff’s Office, 2684 Development Dr.
- Costco, 2355 Landmark Blvd.
- DeBauche Communications Services, 2676 Noel Dr.
- Fleet Farm, 2460 Main St.
- Fox Communities Credit Union, 2521 Steffens Ct.
- Menards, 2560 Steffens Ct.
- Walgreens, 1979 Lime Kiln. Rd.
- Walmart, 2292 Main St.
- Wishing Well on A, N4510 Cty Rd A
- Coldwell Banker Real Estate Group, 964 W. Ryan St.
- Kamps, 303 Williams Street
- Back in Action Chiropractic, 500 Main Ave., Ste A
- Belmark, 600 Heritage Rd.
- Chopsticks Sushi, 101 Fort Howard Ave.
- Cornerstone Mortgage, 1494 Mid Valley Dr.
- Delorey Chiropractic, 1488 Mid Valley Dr.
- Fox Communities Credit Union, 515 Redbird Circle
- Healthy Horizons, 586 Redbird Circle
- Kids Dental Experts, 1926 Dickinson Rd.
- Menards, 1313 Lawrence Dr.
- Papa Murphy’s, 1025 Main Ave.
- Papa Murphy’s, 565 Swan Rd.
- Resource One Realty, 1740 E. Matthew Dr.
- Uncle Mike’s Bake Shoppe - 1840 Dickinson Rd.
- Walgreens, 901 Main Ave.
- Walgreens, 150 S. Wisconsin St.
- Walmart, 1415 Lawrence Dr.
- Automobile Gallery, 400 S. Adams St.
- Bay Settlement BP, 2278 Bay Settlement Rd.
- Coldwell Banker (Jill & Co. Real Estate), 745 Ontario Rd.
- Dollar General, 1152 Military Ave.
- Fleet Farm, 213 N. Taylor St.
- Fox Communities Credit Union, 807 Day St.
- Fox Communities Credit Union, 1820 Main St.
- Fox Communities Credit Union, 3139 Voyager Dr.
- Gnome Games, 1683 E. Mason St.
- HJ Martin, 320 S. Military Ave.
- Kids Dental Experts, 125 Siegler St.
- Kroc Center, 1315 Lime Kiln Rd.
- Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, 111 N. Washington St., Suite 410
- Papa Murphy’s, 1487 W. Mason St.
- Papa Murphy’s, 2243 Main St.
- Proko-Wall Funeral Home, 1630 E. Mason St.
- Sherwin Williams, 2222 Main St.
- Walgreens, 1165 W. Mason St.
- Walgreens, 2204 University Ave.
- Walmart, 2440 W. Mason St.
- WBAY Lobby, 115 S. Jefferson St.
- Willow Cove Dental, 1195 W. Mason St.
- YMCA Downtown, 235 N. Jefferson St.
- YMCA East, 1740 S. Huron Rd.
- Fox West YMCA, W6931 School Rd.
- Play & Grow Learning Center, N1673 Municipal Drive
- Two Men and a Truck, N941 Craftsmen Dr.
- Fox Communities Credit Union, 2525 Lineville Rd.
- Fox Communities Credit Union, 2200 Velp Ave.
- Howard Dental Center, 2140 Velp Ave.
- Menards, 2300 Woodman Dr.
- Papa Murphy’s, 2300 Lineville Rd., Ste. 105
- Sherwin Williams, 1809 Condor Ln.
- Uncle Mike’s Bake Shoppe, 2514 Lineville Rd.
- YMCA West, 601 Cardinal Ln.
- Associated Bank NA, 205 E. 4th Street
- The Bank of Kaukauna, 264 W. Wisconsin Ave.
- Recyclist Bike Shop, 631 Saunders Road
- Windows of Wisconsin, 2300 Tower Dr.
- Boots Chiropractic & Wellness Center SC, 1020 Truman St., H30 Ste. B
- Fox Communities Credit Union, 528 S. Washington St.
- Heart of the Valley YMCA, 225 W. Kennedy Ave.
- Tanners Grill & Bar, 730 S. Railroad Street
- Tiger’s Tavern, 116 W. Kimberly Avenue
- BLC Community Bank, 206 E. Main St.
- Ladder House, 130 E. Main St.
- Simon’s Specialty Cheese Store, 2735 Freedom Rd.
- Trilliant Food & Nutrition, 1101 Moasis Dr.
- Discovery Toys, 2134 S. 9th St.
- Deadman Ink Tattoos, 522 9th St.
- Martenson & Eisele Inc., 1377 Midway Road
- North Shore Bank, 1500 Appleton Rd.
- Pedersen Law Office, 3010 S. Appleton Rd.
- Sherwin Williams, 1267 Appleton Road
- Walgreens, 305 Racine St.
- Associated Bank NA, 100 W. Wisconsin Avenue
- Bergstrom Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac, 150 N. Green Bay Rd.
- Coldwell Banker Real Estate Group, 105 E. Bell St.
- Fox Communities Credit Union, 1151 Westowne Dr.
- Fox Valley Stone and Brick, 1745 Breezewood Ln.
- Holidays Pub & Grill, 1395 W. American Drive
- Metro Motor Cycle, 1020 American Drive
- Mobilelink USA (Cricket Wireless), 695 S. Green Bay Rd.
- Neenah-Menasha YMCA, 110 W. North Water St.
- Old National Bank, 971 S Green Bay Road
- Peppermint Hippo, 1413 Green Valley Rd.
- Schubbe Resch Chiropractic, 1511 S. Commercial St.
- Sherwin Williams, 1165 W. Winneconne Ave, Ste A
- State Farm - Josh Carter Agency, 1108 Breezewood Ln.
- Strong Chiropractic, 1426 S. Commercial St.
- Strong Chiropractic, 2100 Omro Road, Ste B
- Valley Eye Associates, 719 Doctor’s Court
- Play & Grow Learning Center, W450 Clifton Rd.
NEW THIS YEAR
If you’d prefer to do your toy shopping from the comfort and safety of your home, WBAY will accept package deliveries. Donations will go around the tree in the WBAY Building lobby before being distributed by the U.S. Marines and Salvation Army. Shop online at any store you choose and have the toys shipped to us:
Attn: Toys for Tots
115 S. Jefferson St.
Green Bay, WI 54301
If the store only gives you one line for the recipient, please use “WBAY Attn Toys for Tots” or something similar. Toys sent to us will be distributed in the greater Green Bay area.
How Toys for Tots began
In 1947, the wife of a U.S. Marine Corps reservist handcrafted a doll and asked her husband to take it to an organization that would give it to a needy child for Christmas. Major (later Colonel) Bill Hendricks couldn’t find one, so at his wife’s urging and a group of Marine Reservists in Los Angeles started one. It was so successful, the Marine Corps adopted it in 1948 and it spread to Marine Corps Reserve units nationwide and received publicity from Hollywood celebrities (it didn’t hurt that Hendricks’s weekday job was head of Public Relations for Warner Brothers Studio).
In 1948, animator Walt Disney designed the Toys for Tots logo still in use today.
Starting in 1980, Toys for Tots began accepting only new toys. Three things precipitated this move: 1) Changes in defense that required more training for Marine Reservists, so they had less time to refurbish used toys; 2) Growing public awareness of safety and health issues with older toys; 3) A feeling that giving hand-me-down toys didn’t give underprivileged children the message Marines wanted to send them on Christmas Day.
In 1991, acting on U.S. Secretary of Defense authorization, the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation was created to be the fund-raising and support arm of the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program.
In 1995, the Secretary of Defense declared toys for Tots an official activity of the Marine Corps and official mission of the Marine Corps Reserve.
Toys for Tots has been named Readers Digest’s “Best Children’s Charity”; met all 20 standards for the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance; and for years has received Charity Navigator’s highest rating, four stars, for its sound fiscal management.
Source: Toys for Tots Foun